Tuesday, May 28, 2013

BioSoc 2013 || May 24-26, 2013 || Kim Siong Community

(C) Franz Del Rosario
I spent my weekend at the Kim Siong community in Silang, Cavite. I can't go into the specific details of what we did (I don't want to spoil the surprise for future LTS-ers). I just want share my experience as a whole, and how it changed me.

One of the highlights from my experience was meeting all the people who attended. The heads, assistant heads, core members, and even the facis. I would've never met any of them if I'd never attended or been part of BioSoc. I would've probably met them at some point during our journey together, however I don't think I would've been able to memorize their names or gotten to know them as well as I did during that weekend. I know now that I've found a new family in BioSoc <3.

In addition to that, one of the most important things I've learned this weekend is camaraderie, teamwork, and trust. Through all of the activities that we underwent, the usual theme behind it was how "the project of one, is the project of all" and how we should always be there for one another, through thick and thin. We learned that sometimes, we need to trust our gut instincts and take a leap of faith. We learned to trust that we always have each others backs and that someone will always catch us.

That's basically the gist of what happened last weekend. Hope you learned as much as I did

Keep Dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment