Saturday, December 22, 2012

Paskuhan 2012


So last night, I experienced my first EVER Paskuhan! It was so fun, you can't even imagine. I'm glad that my best friend Louis was able to convince me to go! Lemme narrate how my day went :)

So yesterday, I had to take a taxi from QC going to UST because my dad was using the driver. I left the house at around 12 noon because I supposedly had a 2 o'clock Biology class. Turns out my professor decided to bail on us, as well as the rest of the block, so there was a little less than 10 of us waiting in one of the classrooms (because another block used our classroom for their christmas party). So while waiting, we decided to become artists and drew little, chibi-like drawings of everyone in our block on the board :)

At around 3, we left the main building and went to the car park to get something to eat. While they went to Ate Eva's, I asked Louis to come with me to the bathroom, afterwhich I bought samkak. We rejoined with my blockmates at Ate Eva's.

After eating our merienda, we went over to Plaza Mayor and decided to chill on one of the benches there. Soon after, I accompanied Louis back to his dorm where he left his backpack. We came back just in time to see the parade. This year's theme was Disney. I already got a hint about what the theme would be from the music that was playing all over campus. The floats were okay, I don't know, maybe because I'm just used to the Disney floats you see in Disneyland, but everyone who worked on them did a great job.

After the parade, the block and I went over to the field to secure a spot for the night's concert. Initially, we ended up sitting on the grass, using umbrellas to protect us from the heat of the sun. Luckily, Zhey and some of my other blockmates left to go buy some Manila paper that we used as a banig to sit on. As the sun set and the concert started, I found myself a little bit out of place, only because I am not familiar with OPM bands, and because some of the college bands were very painful to my ears.

The main event that I was waiting for were the Fireworks. When it finally came, Kuya Ron and I were separated from the block because I asked him to come with me to buy food with me. I had heard that the fireworks were going to go off at 10, but looks like they decided to set them off an hour earlier. It was okay because I still had a great view of the show. I can honestly say that I enjoyed the fireworks because it was my first time to attend Paskuhan.

I'm so glad I decided to go to Paskuhan and spend some time with my blockmates :)

Some tips I would give for future Paskuhans
  • Bring something to sit on for the field (Banig, Manila Paper, newspapers etc)
  • Bring food as well because if you sit in the field, you're gonna have a bad time walking all the way to the back just to buy food
  • Meet up with friends/blockmates before Paskuhan starts. Cellphone signal is impossible inside UST during Paskuhan
  • Take care of your belongings. With all the outsiders that come in, it's hard to find lost items.
Keep Dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment